I've Been Studying Yoga Nidra or "Yogic Sleep" for the last Few Years. I think that I'm so drawn to it because the effects are very similar to the effects a good, relaxing massage. My mission is to bring my clients relaxation and peace & Yoga Nidra is the perfect style of Yoga to fulfill that mission!
There are several parts to a Yoga Nidra Practice.
- First, an Intention or resolve is set. This is your personal goal or desired outcome of this practice or session. ( An Example of this would be, I wish to be happier, Healthier, More at peace)
- Then, the instructor (me) takes you through a process called rotation of consciousness through the body parts which is having you draw your attention to a certain area of your body and then consciously relax it.
- Next, we bring the Attention to the breath- and we do this in several different ways.
- A Visualization exercise is next.
- Lastly, the Resolve or Intention is once again affirmed
It seems that yoga nidra is an active practice with all these steps, but during the hour and a half class, you slip in to a wonderful meditation that feels like a deep sleep that you are completely aware of. Unlike a normal nights sleep, Yogic sleep is done when you are completely conscious and aware of whats going on.
Why try a Yoga Nidra Class you ask???
Here's a list of benefits of a regular Yoga Nidra practice:
- Becoming more Physically and spiritually aware.
- Practicing Reduces insomnia & anxiousness.
- It can energize or calm you depending on when & how you practice.
- It can assist you in overcoming anger and frustrations in life.
Would you be interested in coming to a Yoga Nidra Class at Gaia Bodywork PLLC?
Check out my Class Offerings