There are so many reasons to get a massage and everyone in the world can benefit from a monthly session. That's my opinion, anyways.
I am always surprised when I hear people say that they've never experienced a professional massage before because of one reason or another.
Maybe they say that they are too shy or they don't feel that it has value or even that its too indulgent and that they would feel guilty.
I say "nonsense" to all of that silliness :)
Check out some of the ways massage therapy can add value to your life. (I've also listed them here)
- It helps manage depression and anxiety.
- Massage decreases stiffness and pain.
- It Improves sleep.
- It Increases the body's Immunity.
- Massage eases PMS
- It can increases alertness
- Massage manages migraines & eliminates tension headaches.
- It Increases blood flow throughout the body, delivering nutrition to cells and tissues.
- It can eases symptoms from cancer treatments.
- Massage Increases body awareness.
As you can see, massage therapy has some excellent benefits to offer and can totally increase your quality of life. There's no need to be shy, massage therapy is done in a safe environment with proper draping- so you don't ever have to worry about your body being exposed. Also, Massage therapists are trained professionals. We don't judge people and only care about helping and making our clients comfortable.
With all that being said, I'll share with you MY top three reasons I get regular massage. YEP! I also get regular massage therapy- twice a month I go see my massage therapist, Bobby Lane of Custom Touch Massage in Dallas. Bobby is an awesome therapist and I highly recommend his work.
- Reason #1- Massage squashes my nervous tension
- Reason # 2- I LOOOVE getting "Massage Drunk
- Reason # 3- With out it, I feel like I'm losing my mind. Seriously!
I feel like I can think clearly and my brain functions better. When I skip a few sessions, I notice I start to feel raw and fried (if that makes any sense) and that I just can't deal with life. HAHA! I get pretty dramatic and don't always communicate the way I'd like to...as a serene, grounded and centered individual.
Drama queen? yikes-Better stick to my regular sessions! (for my husbands sake, of course)
Now you know my reasons, What are some of the reasons you get massage therapy?
Comment in the comment section!