It's the first post of 2016 :) How exciting!!
I think a self-care reminder is the perfect way to start the New Year!
As you know, I'm always advocating self-care rituals and making "me time" a priority. I recently came across this great self-care check list.
What an awesome idea.
It's easy to get off track and overwhelmed when we get busy.
This list is a perfect reminder that sometimes we forget to do those little things that keep us balanced.
You can read the original list here and check out the follow up post as well.
I pulled out a few of the suggestions that I really love.
Next time you feel like life is too crazy and everything is awful, pause and make sure that you are taking care of yourself.
- Are you dehydrated? Have a glass of water now.
- Have you eaten in the past three hours? If not, get some food. Choose a healthy snack or meal.
- Have you showered in the past day? If not, take a shower right now.
- If daytime: Are you dressed? If not, put on clean clothes that make you feel good.
- If nighttime: Are you sleepy and fatigued but resisting going to sleep? Make yourself cozy in bed and close your eyes for fifteen minutes — no electronic screens allowed. If you’re still awake after that, you can get up again; no pressure.
- Have you stretched your legs in the past day? If not, do so right now.
- Have you said something nice to someone in the past day? Do so, whether online or in person. Make it genuine.
- Have you moved your body to music in the past day? If not, jog or just dance around the room to an upbeat song.
- Have you cuddled a living being in the past two days? Ask for snuggles from your pets, family, and friends.
- Do you feel ineffective? Take a moment and complete something small like making your bed, Good job!
- Do you feel paralyzed by indecision? Give yourself ten minutes to sit back and figure out a game plan for the day.
- Have you been over-exerting yourself lately — Take a break from studying, working, big plans, or hard emotions and just be. Connect with nature, take a bath, read a fun book, or plan some time to relax with a massage.
- Have you waited a week? Sometimes we need to step back and let things be. When we're stressed, our thoughts are unclear and our emotions can be amplified. Keep going. See how things change over a weeks time.
Question: What's on your self care check list?
Let me know in the comments.
Hi! I’m Hillary Arrieta and I help people improve their lives by offering holistic solutions to ease stress, eliminate pain, and inspire self care practices.
I own Gaia Bodywork in Richardson, TX. and specialize in unique and effective massage and meditation techniques such as Barefoot Bar Therapy and iRest® Yoga Nidra.
Gaia Bodywork PLLC offers the Best Massage in Richardson, Texas for pain and stress management.